Friday, March 22, 2019

author's note: under the hood

Hello folks! I'm still working on Reyerstown, don't worry lol. I have been having some trouble with the hood, but mostly just Kimball Station (my "downtown" subhood that is actually a shopping district). For the past two or three years, it's been crashing almost every time I open the lot bin or click on a lot. Obviously, this presents a big problem when it comes to storytelling.

I copied the neighborhood over to my laptop to test it out over there (and attempt to replace the terrain, because I have always had issues with KS's terrain), and surprisingly, it had no problems. This led me to think it was a CC issue (and it could still be a CC issue), but when I checked my neighborhood deco folder for both my laptop's game and the main computer's game, they were essentially the same.

So, after making a new terrain in SC4, importing into the game on my laptop, then the main computer in a test hood, I was placing some lots. And that's when I think I discovered what the problem is: a borked lot. I'm so glad it might just be a lot and not some kind of BFBVFS (which would essentially be my worst fear... again).

The Sims 2 is such a weird, broken game but I love it so much. Here's hoping this fixes the problem, and Reyerstown updates can resume as normal.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.